The latest purchase in the EG Group expansion is the British fresh fast-food chain, Leon. EG Group said it will invest in the Leon brand, develop the menu and open around 20 new sites per year from 2022.
What is interesting to hear is that EG sees potential to market Leon’s products across its convenience retail stores. Back in September the brand rolled out a host of tummy rumble inducing cooking kits and accompaniments. Check these bad boys out;
Ready meals (£4 each)
• Naked Chicken Katsu Curry
• Sweet Potato Katsu Curry
• Lentil Masala Dahl
• Brazilian Style Black Beans
• Thai Green Chicken Curry
• Coconut & Lime Jackfruit Curry
Vegan sides (£3 each)
• Aioli Mac ‘N’ Cheeze bites
• Vegan Mediterranean Mac ‘N’ Cheeze bites
• Chimmichurri Cheeze & Herb Bites
• Crispy Mushroom Nuggets
• Buffalo Caulipower Wings
• Marinated, Chargrilled Chicken thighs 150g
• Sweet Pomegranate & Smokey Harissa Chargrilled British Chicken Thighs
• Coconut & Kaffir Lime Leaf Chargrilled British Chicken Thighs
All of the above please.
Official stuff below. *can’t stop thinking about Buffalo Caulipower Wings.
“EG Group continues to identify innovative partnerships and acquisitions that complement our existing consumer offer and enable us to stay at the forefront of consumer trends, particularly in food service,” Mohsin and Zuber Issa, said in a joint statement.
“Our equity investment in Leon is to strengthen our own participation in the fast-growing contemporary food service segment.”
Bring on the Convenience NPD…